The Cantacuzino Castle from Bușteni
Of great architectural, historical, documentary and artistic value, was built in 1911 at the request of Prince George Grigore Cantacuzino (the Nabob), former Minister of Romania during 1899-1900, 1904-1907. Built in neo-Romanian style, it is surrounded by a park whose paths take you to waterfalls, fountains and a cave. The building was made of stone and brick based on the design of the architect Gregory Cerchez, and it covers an area of 3.148 square meters.
The decorative repertoire gives a strong romantic feeling to the interior ambience. The stained glass, stucco marble, consoles, ceilings with exposed and painted beams, wooden railings, stone or wrought iron, hardware cast in bronze and richly decorated stand for a mastery of the artistic craftsmanship. The fireplaces made of Albești stone, decorated with polychrome mosaics, complete the atmosphere of lordly residence, increasing the value of the building.
The castle has a heraldic collection representing the coats of arms of the boyar families related to the Cantacuzino family and a frieze with votive paintings of illustrious members of the Cantacuzino family from the Muntenia branch.